Monday, September 28, 2009

Banishment: Day 2, Part 1

To be a Bane means to be apart from society as a whole. You are banished, separate, alone. Society shuns you. And Bane T-9355 is beginning to feel this.

After my explorations across the continent of Zindra, I found myself at a loss on what to do. So I returned home to "visit" my friends. They were all there in the courtyard, I gave them a wave and hung around. The talked a little to me, but other than this, seemed confused as to how to handle me in their midst. So I gave a hearty wave and decided to head off cross country to see what I could find.

I stumbled across a small complex of concrete and rusted steel buildings with refuge strewn about, tires, old mattresses, and, oddly, a beautiful black stallion. The horse did not seem disturbed by my presence, so I approached it slowly to pet it.

That is when I heard a jovial "Hello." I jumped, startled. I thought I was alone. I did a full circle looking around and finally noticed the man sitting atop a fence on top of the one story concrete building.

I waved up at him. But then he took a closer look at me, and his pleasant demeanor become cold. He didn't become mean, he just turned his back on me and proceeded to ignore my presence. I was a bit disheartened but used to being ignored at this point and continued my exploration of the compound.

I found a makeshift stage on the roof of the building and a sign which told me that I was in a club called the Junkyard. Apart from the stage, there were other bizarre machines and devices which made me realize that more than just performances took place there.

I turned my back on the compound and continued my lonely, bored trek across Zindra. I was going stir crazy with no one to talk to and nothing to do, so I decided to visit one of my hangouts from before I was banished, Roper's Dark Playground. There I sat back and observed a rather interesting play between three women. One who had SOMEHOW found herself bound and tethered by her neck to a post over head while balanced on a precarious perch. Another had come along and was proceeding to threaten to kick over that perch, and a third arrived to protect the poor, bound damsel.


It was all quite fun and interesting. And of course, I was ignored as the spectator I am.

Later, I decided to have some fun with all the normals. I moved to perch on a cross beam over the display in the main courtyard. I lay very still and let everyone who came along thing I was asleep. Then, after they passed by my spot, I would move to the end of the perch and lay down staring directly at them.

One woman walked 2 full circles around my perch, each time freezing and turning to stare at me as I turned on the spot to keep her in my view. It was quite amusing. She never said a word, just circled my spot and turned back with a distrubed start every time she realized I was again turned towards her. I found teasing the normal people in this way to be quite a lot of fun!

I received my second report, indicating that another 4 hours had passed. I was a very good girl and had only commited 1 protocol violation. However, this 1 violation gave me quite a bit more time than my previous 16 combined. My custodian is getting stricter.

As before, my custodian ended its report with "Try harder, T-9355."

No comments:

Post a Comment